Reaching of the 2020 energy and climate change objectives represents a major challenge to the construction sector, which needs to be ready to deliver high energy performing renovations and, in particular, nearly zero energy buildings. This goal requires a major effort to increase the number of qualified workers, which is directly related to the quality of the educational programmes and the inclusion of training on intelligent EE and RE solutions in buildings. This project is designed to:
• perform an analysis of the national education system, political and legislative framework and market demand for skilled workers and build a common basis for informed discussions within the national platform;
• provide detailed description of the needs for specific training activities in a coherent framework;
• develop a Roadmap for Trainings on Intelligent Energy Solutions in Buildings: pave the way for overcoming of the identified barriers and gaps in order to meet the 2020 targets in the building sector.
• undertake targeted endorsement campaign involving the relevant state authorities.
Stimulate demand for sustainable energy skills with circularity as a driver and multifunctional green use of roofs, façades and interior elements as focus.
The project actions will result in actual trainings and certification of workers on the new programmes. Additionally, the project will improve the institutional arrangements in the vocational training system, will reduce the gap in continuing professional training of trainers and will significantly contribute to addressing all priority areas set in the National Roadmap, developed under the Pillar I project of the BUILD UP Skills initiative.
Within the framework of the EU LIFE Programme's BUILD UP Skills initiative, a consortium composed of EnEffect (coordinator), the Agency for Sustainable Energy Development (ASDE), the National Agency for Vocational Education and Training (NAPET), the Bulgarian Chamber of Builders (BCB) and the Bulgarian Association for Insulation in Construction (BAIS) is implementing a project "Roadmap for training and qualification in the application of smart energy efficient solutions in buildings in Bulgaria by 2030". "(BUILD UP Skills Bulgaria 2030).
The project is a continuation of the previous initiative of the same name (2011-2013), which led to a number of changes in the state education standards in the construction sector, and proposes a new unification of efforts of those involved in the construction sector and the national education system. Its guiding objective in decisively increasing the knowledge and skills of construction professionals and workers to build zero carbon buildings in line with the expected amendments to the directives on energy efficiency (COM/2021/558 final), energy performance of buildings (COM(2021) 802 final), and renewable energy (COM/2021/557 final) within the Fit-for-55 legislative package. The new project will leverage the knowledge and material gained from the successfully completed and ongoing Horizon 2020 projects BUILD UP Skills EnerPro, Train-to-nZEB, Fit-to-nZEB, CraftEdu, nZEB Roadshow, nZEB Ready, INSTRUCT, BUS League, BUS GoCircular, etc.
The project will re-establish the National Dialogue Platform, which will build the basis for a comprehensive consultation and interaction process for all actors in the construction and related vocational training sector (professional associations and chambers, industry associations, vocational training centres, public authorities, etc.). A detailed study of the current situation will be carried out, including:
- An analysis and assessment of the national system of continuing training in the construction sector and the extent to which it meets the need for additional skills to implement EE and RES measures in buildings;
- Analysis and assessment of national policies to achieve the objectives of the national Integrated Energy and Climate Plan (including the expected contribution of the construction sector) and the Long-term National Strategy to support the renovation of the national building stock of residential and non-residential buildings
- Identification of barriers as well as the need for training, skilled educators and measurable data on skilled workforce needs by 2030.