Inspiring demand for sustainable energy skills, by providing clear learning interactions, transparency of upskilling transactions and recognition of qualifications achieved.
Towards a learning building sector by setting up a large-scale and flexible qualification methodology integrating technical, cross-craft and BIM related skills and competence.
Stimulate demand for sustainable energy skills with circularity as a driver and multifunctional green use of roofs, façades and interior elements as focus.
BuildUpSkillsNL unites national forces to increase the number of qualified ‘blue collar’ workers covering all relevant crafts and professions in order to meet the 2020 objectives in the built environment. A national energy-efficiency and renewable energy training and qualification platform will be initiated. A consortium has been formed with parties from training sector and building sector.
BUS-NL started on October 1, 2022; with financial support from the European Union. In this project they make an analysis of the status quo in the first 8 months. This is to gain insight into how they think about the skills they need for the energy transition; developed over the past decade. What has happened in recent years, what things are going well and where can we improve or do we need to accelerate? They also look ahead to the required expertise between 2022 and 2032, and to what opportunities and challenges there are. Based on the result of 'the status quo analysis', they will work with the BUS-NL network in the second half of 2023 on a roadmap that outlines how they can accelerate the development of the necessary expertise in the Netherlands.
In a changing world, BUS-NL brings innovation in the necessary skills for everyone who works to make the built environment more sustainable. They focus on skills that are required for the four transition components: 'digitalisation', 'materialisation', 'climate adaptation' and 'energy'. Active cooperation and connection between different organizations on this task is central to this.
The mission of BUS-NL is twofold:
1. They are reviving the 'National BUILD UP Skills Platform'. This is the network of those involved – from professionals to policymakers – in making the built environment more sustainable. They bring them together and organize meetings to gain insight into the wishes and needs of stakeholders from the entire construction sector.
2. They are creating a BUILD UP Skills Roadmap for 2023-2030 to accelerate the transition. They do this by building on the first Roadmap; bringing stakeholders together in workshops; and to map the skills of all relevant professional groups.
- They broaden the network
- They bring together professionals and policy makers from the entire value chain and ensure knowledge sharing at different levels.
- Co-creative learning
- They gather knowledge about emerging upskilling needs and upskilling needs across the entire value chain by coming together in learning networks.
- Systemic approach to skills mapping
- Through research, they build on previous relevant projects and programs to identify the different types of skills needed for a responsible energy transition in the built environment.